Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

My Lover Is Mine and I am His

"My lover is mine and I am his."
 
 
My lover spoke an said to me,
"Arise, my darling, my beautiful one and come with me.
You have stolen my heart, my bride;
You have stolen my heart
With one glance of your eyes,
With one jewel of your necklace.
How delightful is your love, my bride!
How much more pleasing is your love than wine,
and the fragrance of your perfume
than any spice!
Your lips drop sweetness as the honeycomb!
Arise, my darling, my beautiful one and come with me."
 
I, the beloved, sang of him,
"Let him kiss me with the
kisses of his mouth,
for your love is more delightful than wine.
Look, Here he comes,
leaping across the mountains,
bounding over the hills.
Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm
for love is as strong as death.
My lover is like a young stag.
Like an apple tree amoung the trees of the forest
is my lover, amoung the men.
I delight to sit in his shade,
and his fruit is sweet to my taste.
He has taken me to the banquet hall,
and his banner over me is love."
 
Compiled from the
Song of Solomon
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment