Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Haven Given Up Hope, I Found You


My Love
I waited so long for you
That I had begun to believe
There was no such thing as true love,
That my life would be lived out alone,
That nothing precious
Would come in the form of someone to love.
 
Finally, after so many sorrows and misteps and losses,
After I had given up all hope,
You were given to me like a miracle,
Like a single elegant star
In the darkest of nights.
 
Now I feel joy
Now I feel whole
Now I feel that anything is possible.
 
Thank you for coming into my life;
Thankyou for loving me well.
I have waited so long for my heart to be glad,
For my soul to be full.
 
Thank you for coming into my life.
Thank you for coming into my love.
 
I, _____, take you, ______,
From this day forward and into the long forever,
To be my beloved, my sweetheart, my darling, my wife/husband.
 
I promise always to love you,
To honor you, to adore you,
To give thanks for the gift of your presence.
 
You are the one I admire;
You are the one I adore.
You are the one I choose to go on with forever,
From now until the end of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment